The Job import records jobs in MYOB.
Job details may be updated if either the
Apart from the JobNumber all fields are optional.
The grey fields are only shown when the All fields radio button is selected. They are all optional and not commonly used.
- Mandatory. This identifies the job to be added or updated. It is mandatory. The maximum length is 30 characters.
- Optional. D = Detail which is the default, H = Header.
- Job number of the job it is a sub job of.
- Single character code indicating what action is to be applied to.
If no action is specified then it is assumed that a new JOb is to be imported unless the Update data in existing records is checked.
in which case if JobNumber identifies an existing job it will be updated.
- D - Delete
- Deletes the Job identified as long as it has not yet been referenced in any transaction.
- U - Update
- Updates the Job identified. it will update even when the Update data in existing records is not checked.
- use this to change a job's JobNumber. MAp the old number to JobNumber
- Name for the job. Up to 30 characters.
- Description of the job
- Contact for the job. Up to 25 characters.
- Inactive job: Y to set inactive (X, 1 or -1 will also work), N or 0 to reactivate.
- Corresponds to the TrackReimbursible check box in MYOB. Y=checked, N=unchecked.
- Percentage complete. Percentage sign (%) is optional.
- Start date. Optional.
- Finish date. Optional.
- Manager. Optional.
- Linked Customer
The following fields are used to identify the linked customer if so required:
- If customer cards have CardIDs this is recommended as the reliable way of identifying the correct linked customer. If supplied this will be used and other customer identification fields will be ignored.
- If a CardID is not available then customers must be identified by name. If the data contains both company names and personal last names, in different columns you must use the CompanyName and LastName fields instead. Even when the customer name is in the same column you can map it to both CompanyName and LastName.
- Name of the customer if not an individual. Use this instead of CoLastName if customer organisation names and personal last names are in different input columns.
- Last name of the customer if an individual. Use this instead of CoLastName if customer organisation names and personal last names are in different input columns.
- If the customer is an individual their first name is also required to identify them.